Thursday, July 10, 2014

New Skills

This summer I am trying to enrich the kids with new skills.
 
 
Tuttle is still practicing writing all his letters, and we are beginning to focus on the specific letter sounds. I know he is going to love reading once he learns. I was such a book worm growing up (I used to invite my friends over to read at my house!), and I know we will share this passion.
 
I introduced addition to him this week, and he caught on right away. We used super hero action figures as our counting tools. :)
 
 
Tuttle has also stayed devoted to practicing piano. I am so excited that he is learning because I get to learn, as well. His teacher is very patient with him, especially toward the end of the 30 minute lesson when Tuttle's attention seems to drift.
 
 
Maggie is continuing to practice her potty training skills. She still wears a diaper, but she will consistently sit on the potty and go whenever I convince her to actually sit. A small bribe of watching "Let It Go" on YouTube usually does the trick. She will do anything to watch Elsa belt it out!
 
 
I am starting to focus more on color recognition with Maggie, too. She LOVES pink and wants to point out anything that she can find that shows any shade of pink. She also recognizes purple since it is Gigi's favorite color. She can group objects into color piles, but we are still working on naming the right colors.
 
 
I love teaching my babies. I think they are the smartest cookies around town. :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment