Friday, July 4, 2014

Our Perfect July 4th

The 4th of July is honestly my favorite holiday. I love how laid back the day is and dressing everyone up in patriotic colors. I look forward to celebrating every year.
 
We started the day off  bright and early to cheer on Daddy in the Peachtree Road Race. It has become a tradition to watch the runners with the Burke family. We parked at their home and walked with the babies to Peachtree Road.
 
 
Sometimes it is very HOT during the race, but the weather was perfect this year, and I know the runners appreciated that!
 
 
Daddy stopped this year for a quick picture. We stood at the mile four marker, so it was easy to spot our crew cheering.
 
 
Maggie loved watching the action and pointing out all the princesses running (also known as any woman running in a tutu!)
 
 
Tuttle insisted on waving a flag for the runners, and luckily another spectator gave him a flag. Note to self: Remember to bring flags next year!
 
 
This picture has been making this post every year. I cannot believe how quickly he is growing up!
 
2013
 
 
2012
 
 
We realized when we arrived home that this was Jay's 10th consecutive year running in the Peachtree Road Race! We laid out his shirts for a celebratory picture. We are so proud of you, Daddy!
 
 
The rest of the day was so relaxing and perfect. We grabbed some lunch at a new restaurant, Smash, before heading home for naps. Tuttle and Maggie were practically falling asleep at the table since they had been up since 6:15 for the race. I think we all needed some quiet time. I slept for almost 2.5 hours, too.
 
 
After naps we enjoyed listening to music, watching the babies play, and having some time to clean the house. Yes, I actually LOVE cleaning. I am turning into my mother. :)
 
 
Instead of loading up the car to watch fireworks at Lenox, Jay put on a private fireworks show at our house. We had picked up fireworks on our way through South Carolina last weekend for the wedding. Tuttle could not get enough of the action, but Maggie buried herself in my lap with her hands covering her ears the whole time. I will admit that I loved the extra snuggles. :)
 
Jay and I both agreed that spending the day with our little family at home made it the perfect 4th of July.
 
 
Happy Independence Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment