Monday, November 10, 2014

Spaghetti Dinner and Family Dinner

We started off our weekend with lunch at Chickfila with our best buddies. I had been scrambling all morning to prepare for the Spaghetti Dinner that night, and I needed a few minutes to relax!


I am so excited that the Spaghetti Dinner at Tuttle and Maggie's school is officially OVER! It was the biggest success to date, and I am thrilled that all our hard work paid off. I organized a small raffle for the event, and it was a new addition to the fundraiser. I am pleased to report that the raffle raised over $1700! It included five premium items from vacation homes to birthday party packages. I think we will definitely utilize another raffle at future dinners. :) I was also happy to come home and delete the gazillion emails in my inbox related to the raffle. Haha


Saturday we pretty mellow at the Thorne house. I ran some errands with Tuttle and Maggie while Daddy did some work at Starbucks (No rest for the weary!). Saturday afternoon I volunteered to do a mini photo session for Ellie for their Christmas cards. I cannot share any of the pictures because they have not seen all the work yet, but I will post as soon as I get permission. :) I am very pleased with how they turned out. Ellie was so easy to shoot because she smiled the entire time.- A photographer's DREAM!


After church and some quiet time at home, we headed over to Larry and Beth's house on Sunday afternoon to visit with Emily, Gwen, and Silas. Unfortunately they will not be here for Thanksgiving this year, so we were eager to spend time with them. I did not bring my camera because I have injured my foot somehow and was literally hobbling around the house all evening. I am much better today, but I was very useless at the Corbitt gathering! Gram was a huge help to me and entertained the kids the entire time. Maggie has such a special bond with her Gram, and I love watching her admire my mom the same way I do. She tried to go home with Gram and told me she was going to live at Gram's house. 


Have a great week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment