Sunday, September 6, 2015

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend was the start of the 2015 football season, so Jay and Tuttle met Grandaddy in Athens to cheer on the Dawgs at Granny's house. Since it is Labor Day weekend, they decided to stay until Monday. We miss them, but I know they are having a blast relaxing, watching football, and grilling out.


Maggie and I have stayed busy at home. After manicures and pedicures Saturday morning, we went to the Horton Family's house to watch the Dawgs win their first game. We stayed about three hours and then ran by Costco and the grocery store to pick up some supplies to help host a baby shower today.


I was thrilled to help host one of my best friend's baby shower this morning. Zanna is due with a baby boy a month before our sweet Jacob is due, and I cannot wait for her to join the mommy club! Zanna and I lived in the side by side apartments in college where we shared a balcony. She is the last of the girls to have a baby, and she fits right into the first born trend that started in 2009. Between the seven girls from the apartment, there are ten babies, and NINE of them are boys! Maggie is the ONLY girl in the mix. Zanna and I were both 100% sure we were having girls this time, but we were both very wrong! :)


Two of the other girls from our college apartment were there, too. It was so great to catch up with them. Rachel is getting married in December, and I could not be happier for her!


I hosted the shower with Zanna's mom and aunt, as well as her cousin's girlfriend. I do not think I have ever met a more excited grandmother-to-be than Zanna's mom, Kay. Baby Alexander will definitely be spoiled rotten by this crew!


Maggie was so good the entire morning at the shower. She used her manners and did not take away from the guest of honor. I love bringing my little girl to such special events now that she is old enough to enjoy it!



It was the perfect morning to celebrate Zanna and Baby Alexander. I cannot wait to meet him in just four short months!

No comments:

Post a Comment