Friday, May 27, 2016

We Made It!

The kids and I successfully made it through the last week of school, and we are officially on SUMMER BREAK! This past week was packed full of fun, but at times I wondered if I would survive!

Both Tuttle and Maggie have experienced fantastic school years with such sweet and supportive teachers. I cannot believe how much they have grown both physically and mentally.



Our crazy week started on Tuesday with Tuttle's kindergarten graduation. Luckily I was not the only who was teared up during the little ceremony. The kids sang several songs and were presented a diploma from Dr. McMillan, the principal. Gram and Daddy came to celebrate with Tuttle, too.



After a quick gymnastics class for Maggie, we returned to the school for a petting zoo for the kindergarten classes. There was a ton of tiny animals for the kids to brush and pet. My favorites were the goat, baby donkey, and miniature horses.



Wednesday both babies had their school parents. I was very relieved that I was able to coordinate the two events. Tuttle's party was first, and Jacob and I watched the kids run around in the sprinkler, blow bubbles, play with water balloons, and enjoy a yummy snack. 


Kristen and I organized Maggie's party, so I quickly stopped by the house for the supplies and hurried over to the preschool. I found the cutest summer party supplies at The Dollar Store, so it was fairly easy to decorate. The hit at the party was the self-serve ice cream sundae station-complete with M&Ms, sprinkles, gummy worms, and marshmallows.




At school pickup Frau Miltner presented me with the sweetest gift from the class for being the room mom. I absolutely love it!


And then there is this little boy. His huge smile has remained throughout all the craziness and stress of the week. He is the perfect third child for us.


Happy Summer Vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment