Sunday, June 19, 2016

Annual Beach Trip with Gram

 We just returned from our fourth annual St. Simons Island beach trip with Gram, and it was a blast! I was a little apprehensive on how smoothly it would go with three babies, but everyday was so much fun!



After an easy drive to the beach, we arrived at "our beach house," unpacked, and headed to dinner and to walk the pier, Tuttle's favorite spot on the island.

Our first day was full of breakfast out, grocery shopping, and a visit to the pool. We enjoyed dinner at Bubba Garcia's and then ventured to the beach. Gram and I finally found a way to really enjoy the beach. It is just way too hot to go during the day, but around sunset is just perfect! 





The next day we traveled to Jekyll Island to try out the water park there. Gram did some research and found Summer Waves for the kids. I was nervous about the idea of a water park and handling all three babies, but it was Tuttle and Maggie's favorite day of the week! They would have spent their entire lives in the lazy river! :)

Wednesday everyone enjoyed shopping for beach tshirts and a souvenir and the introduction of a family tradition: a beach puzzle! After lunch Gram stayed at the house with Jacob while I took Tuttle and Maggie to the pool! It was a win for everyone!




We ate way too much for dinner at Barbara Jean's and returned to the beach again at sunset. While Maggie and Tuttle played in the sand and investigated a small hammer head shark that a fisherman caught on the shore, Jacob splashed his feet in the water. I think Little Boy loves the ocean most of all.




Since Thursday had rain in the forecast, we spent a lazy morning at the house watching movies and napping and later headed to see Angry Birds at the theater. While it was not Gram nor my top pick, Tuttle had been waiting for the release of the movie for a year, and Maggie is always eager to be interested in something that makes Tuttle happy. :) On our way home Gram suggested that we try the local BBQ restaurant, Southern Soul. I am not a big bbq fan, but I found other options on the menu, including collard greens and fried okra. We ended the meal with fried Oreos. (Our original goal had been to eat light that day! Oops!)


We wrapped up the trip with a grand finale adventure on Friday: a dolphin boat tour! Everyone loved our time on the ocean! We saw a ton of dolphins, listened to some history of the island, and soaked up the ocean breeze. We will definitely take the boat tour again next year!


Our last dinner out was at my pick: The Half Shell. I devoured oysters on the half shell, she crab soup, and the yummiest mahi mahi salad. I order the same meal every year!


We are so grateful to Gram for treating us to our beach trip every year. We continue to make such special memories that I know all three of my babies will carry with them throughout their lives. I love that my mom can still keep up with our busy family, and she is ready to help me repeatedly. We love you, Gram!



We are already looking forward to next year and more Moo Cow ice cream! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment