Friday, March 24, 2017

Atlanta Botanical Gardens Visit

Maggie's school was closed Wednesday and Thursday this week for conferences, so we took the opportunity to visit the Atlanta Botanical Gardens with Gram to enjoy the tulips. I look forward to this every year! 

Our little adventure begin with a bang when I completely forgot that Jay had attached our new luggage carrier to the top of my car. We wanted to make sure I liked it before our upcoming Disney vacation. It was such a great fit for my SUV that I did not even remember that it was there when I pulled into the parking garage at the Botanical Gardens. I heard a soft noise as we drove lower into the lot and then a scraping when I realized what was happening. I quickly hit a point where we could not fit any further and had to do a tight u-turn and pray that we would fit on the way up the inclined ramp with an audience of garden employees. Luckily we squeezed out and the day could continue!

The weather started out a little cool, but it warmed up to a perfect afternoon by the end. Gram had a chance to see the new children's garden, and the tulips were at their peak. 


Gram treated us to lunch, and Jacob charmed the waiters who offered to watch them while I ate for a few minutes. 



I cannot help taking photos of my babies especially with such a beautiful background. Our sweet photographer offered to let me borrow one of her lens to try out before I purchased one, and I am in love! I did joke with her that the camera made Maggie look like she was twelve, so there much be a glitch. :)


She has definitely grown this year!


We are ready for spring! I love spending these special days with Gram and my babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment