Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Celebrating 18 Months and 9 Years

Our charming, naughty, adorable, exhausting, perfect ending baby, Jacob, has been a part of our family for 18 months now.


Jacob continues to be my most challenging child, but his loving grin always allows him to get away with his antics. He has never met a stranger and will approach any group and win them over within seconds. Jacob is starting to play independently with toys, specially trains and cars, and will stop whatever he is doing to watch a plane, the trash truck, or construction vehicles. He is ALL boy. Jacob also wants to listen to short board books sitting in my lap now. I savor the 45 seconds that he is sitting and snuggling with me. :)




Jacob prefers to be outside (which leaves the house intact), so we go on a lot of walks and trips to the playground. He is drawn to any ball that he can throw or kick. Pushing his toy lawnmower is a common scene in our front yard. 


Little Boy is still a champion sleeper and usually snoozes for 12-14 hours a night. In the last few weeks, I have adjusted his nap schedule down to one longer nap to prepare for preschool in September. He still gets a bottle when he sleeps, but I am going to TRY to wean him from this. With Jacob being my last baby, I think I am having more trouble with that change than he would. 


Jacob completes our family. We laugh that he is God's promise that I will not ask for another. :)

Jay and I celebrated 9 years of marriage on the same day as Jacob's 18 month milestone. Gram treated the entire family to dinner at Marlow's Tavern and ice cream for dessert. I am so lucky to be married to Jay. He has made ALL my dreams come true and amazes me with his commitment to our family's success. Marriage is definitely work, but I could not imagine doing life with anyone else. 


We recently found a fantastic babysitter, so we have been able to go out on a few more dates. (Last weekend we were treated to dinner at Paul and Val's country club!)


We are already planning a BIG 10 year anniversary trip for next year. Eek! I cannot wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment