Friday, November 3, 2017

Happy Halloween!

We cut it close this year, but Daddy and I managed to complete our annual pumpkin carving contest the night before Halloween. I had to try five stores before I successfully found the tiny carving tools! The process went smoothly right after dinner, and we finished our designs just in time for Maggie and Tuttle to admire them before heading to bed. I was 100% convinced that my Georgia Bulldawgs design would reign supreme over Jay's spider, but the Facebook voters almost unanimously carried Daddy's pumpkin to carving victory! I just hope that my losing will not affect the rest of the football season. :)


The kids and I arrived at school eager for the Book Character Parade on Tuesday morning. Maggie made an outfit change last minute when she decided to portray her role model, Simone Biles, with a biography we checked out from the library. Tuttle's Halloween costume carried over to the parade.


I always love seeing how creative the kids get with their books. Anne of Green Gables and a teacher line of The Day The Crayons Quit were some of my favorites this year.



My next stop was Jacob's first preschool party to celebrate Halloween with his Busy Bee friends. Jacob was calmly sitting at the table eating lunch when I arrived, but he did not sit down again once his mommy was present. He has such a sweet class, and I loved seeing all his little buddies at the party.




Before long it was time to go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood. 






We hit a few houses on our street before walking over to Redding Road for the big event. Tuttle found a friend on the way, and we did not see him again until dark. Jay and I found ourselves asking, "Where's Waldo," all night long. 



Jacob quickly realized how the whole candy thing worked and bounded from house to house. At one point, I had to chase him inside a neighbor's home because he took it upon himself to walk right in to find the barking dog in the back. While Maggie still preferred to hold my hand to each house, Jacob was the most independent little boy on the street. 



We just love our neighborhood so much! It was another successful Halloween for our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment