Monday, November 27, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrated Thanksgiving twice and made such sweet memories with our families.

Although Grandmommy was still recovering from surgery a few weeks ago, nothing will stop her from hosting a beautiful Thanksgiving feast. Luckily Daddy was able to take off the entire week and head to Madison early on Tuesday to help prepare for the big event. 


I have said it a million times that I absolutely love taking pictures at Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house. The big front porch and country landscape are just begging for me to take out my camera. Ironically sometimes the subjects are just not interested in the photo session...


The food was delicious, and the company was even better. I could watch my babies and my nieces play all day. :)




Jacob was such a trooper with skipping his nap. It was the first time in his life that he did not get to grab any sleep at all during the day. By 5pm he was falling asleep sitting up on the couch. Daddy and I were not against the extra snuggles!


I grabbed some photos of the Peace family for their Christmas card. I am not sure which photo they are planning to use, but this one is my pick.


Maggie worked as my assistant to get the girls to smile. They were cracking up at her antics behind the camera.



Saturday we continued our Thanksgiving festivities with lunch at Gram and Grump's house. I never pull out my camera as much with my family. I think I get too distracted catching up with everyone. This year the crowd grew, and we had 30 people at the meal! I love all the new additions to our holidays.


It was a Thanksgiving miracle to get all the little cousins looking at the camera AND smiling at the same time. It may never happen again!


Gram decided to get very creative for our Christmas event. All the little children will be putting on a nativity play- complete with costumes! Clearly retirement has inspired the creative side of my mother. :) We cannot wait to see everyone again in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment