Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Corbitt Christmas Times 2

This year we celebrated with my family twice before Christmas. I loved having two opportunities to visit with everyone!


The first gathering was hosted at Gram and Grump's house. My mom thought of the cutest idea to have the children put on a nativity play complete with costumes. I was so impressed with her creativity! There was a part for everyone even our smallest family member, Emma. Tuttle was the narrator reading Santa's Favorite Story, Maggie was a forest animal and an angel, and Jacob played another forest animal and a sheep at the manger. (Anne recorded the play on my phone while I helped dress the children, so I did not have any pictures-only video.)


I insisted all the grown-up children take a photo with the sheep mask that originally came in the mail for the play. We look like we are going to rob a bank. :)


Gram passed out nativity sets and ornaments to all the children at the end. It was the perfect way to start our Christmas celebrations. Our crowd is much larger now with over 30 people, and the Thorne family looks forward to many more memories!

Our second Corbitt event was held at Larry and Beth's house. We switched it up this year and drew names to exchange gifts. The children were given one family member to buy, and the adults received the name of another couple. Our family shopped for Gwen, Silas, Madison and Anne/Matt. The gift opening was much more organized this year, and everyone was really able to watch without being buried in boxes and wrapping paper!


Emily and Robb gave us the best gift- a date night! The extra surprise was a coupon for free babysitting. Even Jacob! I am still cracking up at that!


Tuttle, Maggie, Jacob, Gwen, and Silas have become such good friends. (Tuttle even insisted on wrapping up $1.50 from his piggy bank to give the Silas. The look of excitement on Silas' face was priceless!) I soak up each visit with them and think about the fact that my babies are making memories in the same house that I made memories with Anne and Emily.



This was only the beginning of our fun Christmas celebrations with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment