Sunday, April 12, 2020

Happy Easter 2020

Easter weekend certainly was unique this year with the COVID-19 affecting the world, but we still made some special memories. I know it will be an Easter we will never forget.

We decorated even more cookies from our sweet friend's local business. We are practicing all the quarantine guidelines, but we are definitely not social distancing from the food.


I introduced resurrection rolls to the family, too. Everyone rolled up marshmallows (Jesus's body) inside the linen used to wrap his body (crescent rolls). After we placed the rolls into the oven (the tomb), the marshmallows melted and represented Jesus rising from death to Heaven. The kids were AMAZED, and the rolls were SO delicious.


Jay and I decided to start a new tradition this year with the Easter Bunny hopping by on Saturday, so Jesus could be the focus on Sunday. The kids were all for their baskets arriving a day early. Luckily Jacob forgot that he saw most of the surprises under my bed this week during naptime. :)


We were expecting bad weather on Sunday, so we dressed up on Saturday in our Easter finest. I insisted we take pictures at the park, so my family appeased my wish. Jay is always positive during my photo sessions, but Tuttle would rather be anywhere else.





We did not want to waste such a beautiful day, so we surprised Gram and Grumps with a social distanced Easter egg hunt in their huge backyard. They cheered the kids on from the patio while our bunnies tramped all over the yard and woods collecting over 100 eggs that I hid. I filled the eggs with candy, cash, and coupons for activities they enjoy. 





Maggie already cashed in two coupons: "Pick the Family Movie", and "Sleepover in Mommy and Daddy's Bed" (even though she winds up there anyways 75% of the time!). Tuttle used his one coupon for 30 extra minutes of screen time tonight in bed. I will definitely use the coupon idea again- it was a hit!

Our Easter Sunday was much more low key than normal. I made a brunch right before the service started on tv. The church did a combination of footage from last year to experience the special music and a live recording of our minister giving his sermon and prayer. We actually were in many shots of the 2019 video. The kids stayed focused trying to find us each time the camera spanned over the crowd.


This pandemic has brought us closer as a family, and although Easter was different this year, I feel that God sent this time for everyone to refocus and connect. He is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment