Monday, August 23, 2021

All The Celebrations!

 We have celebrated a lot of fun events in the Thorne family.

Jay surprised me with a NEW CAR a few weeks ago. I knew he was looking, but I had not anticipated that he would drive up with one so soon. I absolutely love it, especially the color. I currently have a "no food" rule for the kids, and for the time being the inside is staying very clean!

Maggie is thrilled to be part of Friends Club this year at school. She applied with an essay and teacher recommendation. Our sweet girl will be assisting special needs students with lunch, recess, field trips, Special Olympics, and walking them to class.

The biggest celebration of August was Gram's 70th birthday! I sent her a box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts (her favorite) on the actual date, but we continued the festivities this past weekend with an evening in downtown Woodstock. Gram and I started at the nail salon for pedicures while Jay and Grumps relaxed at Reformation Brewery. We met the guys afterwards for dinner at Salt Factory Pub. I hope Gram felt special and adored because she is the best, and we are looking forward to 70 more years with her! :)

We will be in our a new routine this week with elementary and middle school, baseball for both boys, gymnastics for Maggie, piano, chores, homework, and fitting in dinner and sleep somewhere in between!

No comments:

Post a Comment