Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Christmas Crazy

 We are diving into Christmas celebrations right away this month. I know I always over schedule the family in December, but I love so many holiday traditions! 

Jay and I volunteered at Christmas Kindness on Saturday at PRUMC. The event did not take place last year due to the pandemic, so we were eager to help make this year a success. Jay was pulled right away as a helper to load cars with all the gifts. I was paired with one sweet mom that also helped shop for her sister's families. Christmas Kindness really puts the holiday into perspective.

Tuttle, Maggie, and Jacob practiced so hard for their piano recital on Sunday. All three performed a selection of Christmas pieces at Northpoint Mall in Von Maur. Their confidence shined through, and we were very proud to watch them impress all the shoppers on the keys.


I hosted a neighborhood ladies Christmas party on Monday evening. Originally I planned to entertain at my house, but the guest list reached over 30, so I moved it to the clubhouse for more space. Everyone brought an appetizer and a White Elephant holiday decor gift. The night was full of yummy food, great conversation, and many empty wine bottles. I absolutely love Foxhall.




While this was not Christmas related, we could not miss bragging on our sweet boy for the email his teacher sent on Tuesday. To celebrate his strong character, we went to dinner at his favorite spot.


Maggie's first gym holiday party was a cookie swap and Christmas hayride as well as dinner and hot chocolate. The best part was celebrating with old teammates. Maggie's sweet treat proved to be a favorite and was completely gone during the first round of the cookie swap. The girls are now looking forward to their Secret Santa gift swap on Tuesday after practice with dinner at Luckys. 





Let's just say that it is not calm at the Thorne house, it is definitely bright!

No comments:

Post a Comment