Friday, December 3, 2021

Christmas Ready!

 We hit the ground running with getting prepared for Christmas this year. With Jay's knowledge about Amazon, we knew that supply inventory would be an issue this year with shipping delays, so I completed all our shopping by the end of November. 

Maggie was the most eager to start decorating, so we pulled out all the Christmas boxes to deck the halls prior to Thanksgiving. We have enjoyed adding more decorations to our house now that we have the space! Our old house only had space for one tree, and now we are up to four!



The biggest change this year has been passing the job of wrapping presents solely to Maggie. I LOVE buying gifts, but I avoid wrapping them until practically Christmas Eve. Maggie loves the chore, so she has been busy adding finished gifts under the tree!



Bockle has returned and brought some help. Maggie begged for a girl elf last year, and Santa finally found a recruit that was available. She is named Twilight and will surely get into lots of mischief this season.


Another huge accomplishment was mailing off our Christmas cards early this year. We had family photos in October, and I was worried that the card companies would get backed up, so I ordered cards in mid November. It is such a weight to be done with this job. Now I can just enjoy opening cards as they come in to us! This is one of my favorite parts of Christmas. :)

Our weekends are packed with all the annual festive traditions as well as some new surprises. I know this Christmas is going to be one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment