Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Happy Birthday, Jay!

Since we closed on the house on Jay's birthday, his celebration was very much overshadowed. The next few weekends involved a lot of unpacking and organizing, so this past Sunday we were FINALLY able to celebrate his 31st birthday properly with his family. :)

Jay's chose to eat at Chops in Atlanta, and we were not disappointed. 




Jay ordered a 20 ounce bone-in ribeye and LOVED every bite. I am not a steak person, so I ate the most delicious seafood platter, complete with lobster, scallops, and salmon topped with crab. YUMMY!

We braved the meal with Tuttle, and he did really good. I came armed with yogurt melts, trains, an etch-a-sketch, and YouTube on my phone. (I used the swear I would NEVER be the parent that allowed their child to watch television at a restaurant, but sometimes survival is the major goal.) Everyone also took turns walking him around to see the lobster tank (minus one that was on my plate!), the elevator, and the open kitchen. 


I gave Tuttle the lemon from my seafood plate to try. His expression was HILARIOUS. Since he got such a laugh from everyone, he continued to suck on it again and again!
 

We think we have officially found the new go-to restaurants for family celebrations! I highly recommend Chops!

Happy Birthday, Jay! I am so lucky to be a part of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment