Saturday, April 19, 2014

Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Tuttle and Maggie enjoyed our annual Easter egg hunt at church this morning. I was worried the event was going to be cancelled because it rained all day yesterday and all day today, but they moved the event inside. It was a little silly to "hunt" for eggs in the fellowship hall, but the kids loved grabbing as many eggs as possible to dump into their baskets. :)
 
Maggie's age group went first, and she quickly got the hang of it. She found Cheerios, jelly beans, and stickers in her eggs, and of course, she went right for the black jelly beans! Gross! :)
 



 
Tuttle collected eggs next, and his age group snatched up the loot much faster than the baby group. Tuttle was quick and definitely got his fair share of eggs.
 
 
I found the sweetest courtyard to take some family photos. I never knew it existed, and I loved discovering this secret spot. :)
 
 
I am so lucky to have these babies.
 
 
I can rarely get a sweet smile from my silly (almost) four year old.
 
 
After the hunt we ate lunch at a local place, Treehouse Restaurant and Pub. Jay and I made the observation that we have made it to the point that we can enjoy a meal out as a family. Both kids were well behaved, ate their food, and stayed at the table. Jay was even able to enjoy a Bloody Mary in peace! It was so nice to have a lazy meal with my little family.
 
We are looking forward to celebrating Easter at church tomorrow with the grandparents and lunch afterward at our house. Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment