Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Break Week

Tuttle and Gigi are on spring break this week, so I have been trying to plan some of their favorite field trips.
 
It poured rain ALL DAY Monday, but the three kids and I armed ourselves with rain boots and umbrellas to take Maggie to gymnastics. Moments before I pulled off the exit for the gym, I heard Maggie throw up all over herself. Before I could get to the parking lot to help her, she did it again. I think it was a combination of a HUGE breakfast and hard rain making her carsick. I pulled into a space as quickly as possible and cleaned up the mess. I told Maggie that we would go home and get new clothes, and she flipped out and started crying for gymnastics. I was parked right in front of a children's consignment shop, so I ran in and grabbed the cheapest t-shirt I could find off the rack, changed Maggie, and arrived at gymnastics only a few minutes late. Although Maggie was not completely herself, she had fun practicing her moves. (I probably get a bad mommy strike for taking my baby to gymnastics, but it made her happy.)
 
Tuesday we visited Tuttle's favorite place: LEGOLAND. I was apprehensive to go in because it looked like everyone in the state of Georgia decided to visit as well, but it was not too bad. The kids watched a 4-D movie, played with Legos, used lasers to shoot the bad Lego men, and admired Atlanta built out of Legos. We stayed about two hours before having a picnic lunch at the mall.
 
 
Today we braved Zoo Atlanta, and it was a MADHOUSE. Can you see the trend in kid-friendly activities during spring break? :) We made sure to see the favorite animals (elephants, giraffes, and gorillas), but we kept our visit short and sweet. The kids enjoyed some time playing on the playground which we usually skip.
 


 
Tomorrow we are meeting friends for a playdate and picnic at the park.
 
I wanted to list a few sweet/funny things that Tuttle and Maggie have been saying recently:
 
1. Last week Tuttle announced that he needed to go potty when we were playing in the front yard. I told him to go over in the bushes, but he informed me that he needed to go #2, so he went inside. A minute later Maggie calls my name. I look over, and her shirt is pulled up and her belly is poked out. She is holding her herniated belly button, and she tells me, "I tee-tee." Apparently she thinks she has the same "parts" as her big brother! Not only am I going to need to potty train Maggie soon, but I am going to have to teach her that she does not go tee-tee out of her belly button!
 
2. I have been refusing to accept the fact that Tuttle is growing up, so I am always asking him if he is my baby. He responds, "Yes. Your big boy baby." So sweet.
 
3. Maggie has become fascinated with Hello Kitty recently. When she says it, it sounds like "Da-Da Jilly." She wants a Da-Da Jilly cake for her birthday and Da-Da Jilly underwear.
 
4. Tuttle has mastered his ABC's now and can perfectly tell me each letter with his flashcards. He worked really hard to learn what each letter looked like, and I have been drilling him each afternoon during naptime. He is starting to recognize the sounds of each letter, too. I know he is going to be a bookworm once he learns to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment