Thursday, August 21, 2014

Final Weeks of Summer

We are trying to soak up the final time at home before preschool starts. On Monday I helped organize a breakfast for the teachers on their first day back to work. There was a huge response to donate yummy dishes, and it was fun to see everyone back at school. It was somewhat difficult to get Tuttle and Maggie dressed and out of the house on time, but I guess it is something we need to get used to since Tuttle will be in preschool five days a week.
 
 
I tried a new crockpot recipe for the breakfast and prepared cheese grits. Although they were soupy when I left the house, I think they were delicious once it was time to eat.
 
 
Yesterday we planned a trip to the zoo, and last minute my high school best friend and matron of honor Jackie was able to join us with her three kids. While we only see each other once or twice a year, it is very easy to pick up right where we left off. We lead very similar lives, and she definitely keeps me grounded. Since most schools have started, the zoo was not very crowded at all. We were able to run around on the playground, ride the carousel and train, cool off in the splash pad, and check out a few animals before heading home.
 
 
Maggie insisted that we find the pandas to sit on for her carousel ride. She LOVES pandas, specially baby pandas. :)


 
Today we ventured to the pool, and Tuttle perfected his cannonball jump! Maggie requested to use the bathroom three times.... I love that she is so excited about potty training, but my idea of pool fun is not spent in the bathroom! :)
 


1 comment: