Sunday, August 3, 2014

Our Weekend

We stayed busy this weekend, and we accomplished A LOT. Saturday morning I took the kids to a splash pad in Roswell to celebrate Jack and Lily's birthdays. It was so much fun to have all of our best buddies together to play and eat cupcakes! We are very lucky to have this sweet family in our lives. I do not know what I would do without Kristen. We see each other almost everyday!
 

 
After rest time, Tuttle spent some time running errands with me. Although we did not do anything special, I always love having some one-on-one time with my first baby. He keeps me sane during the trying toddler phase with Maggie. :) He brought some perspective to my current frustrations one day when he reminded me that Maggie is just a baby and to not yell so much at her. I needed to hear that from my sweet boy, and I love that he was protecting his sister's feelings.
 
 
This morning Maggie and I got ready to head to her first birthday party alone for a friend in her gymnastics class. Unfortunately after we arrived, I realized that I had written the date incorrectly on the calendar, and the party is NEXT Sunday. Mommy fail. We headed to a nearby park to swing for a few minutes and pet some doggies.
 
 
 
We ran into Daddy and Tuttle on the way home and followed them to Starbucks. It was the perfect day to sit outside, and the kids entertained themselves by running on the sidewalk past the storefronts.
 

 
Jay has to be one of the hardest working husbands and daddies alive. He always pulls LONG hours all week, and he spent this entire weekend finishing the gate on the fence, completely cutting/edging/blowing our yard, and cutting down trees and bushes for our neighbor. We love you!
 
And just because my babies are the CUTEST:
 


 
A lot of public schools start back this week, but we do not begin our preschool year until after Labor Day. I am looking forward to another month of pool time, parks, and friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment