Saturday, October 11, 2014

Our Week

We had another really great at the Thorne house!

 
One of the best parts of my week was subbing in Tuttle's preschool class for two days. His sweet teacher is one bed rest for two weeks, so I was eager to help out and also spy on Tuttle! :) The three hour school day was so packed with activities that I completely understand why Tuttle cannot remember what he did each day because it felt like such a blur. Each week the kids are exposed to Spanish, music, art, chapel, and Playball (a physical education class) on top of their regular classroom learning. I feel confident that Tuttle is getting the rigor he needs to be ready for Kindergarten next year. (Eek! I hate thinking about that milestone!)
 
 
I was so proud of my little boy as I watched him interact in the classroom. I can tell he has a strong sense of self and loves to learn. He did not really stick by my side, so I got a clear picture of how he treats his friends and teachers. I was one happy momma! :)
 
On Friday the local fire department visited the preschool, and Maggie and Tuttle were thrilled. The most impressive part was when the firefighter extended the ladder 110 feet into the air and climbed to the top!
 

 
The fall weather is making us itch to spend even more time outside. We are definitely looking forward to all of our upcoming October activities!
 
 
Our dog Bella (better known as Smelly) underwent a pretty major surgery on Thursday. A tumor on her elbow that been causing her to limp for a while now needed to be removed. Originally the tumor was diagnosed as benign and was expected to be fairly easy to remove, but during the surgery it was discovered that the tumor was wrapped around the muscle, so a portion of her muscle was removed. The tumor may also be malignant, so it was taken for a biopsy. Please keep our sweet girl in your prayers on her road to recovery. Grandmommy and Grandaddy are keeping Smelly for a few weeks to provide her with a calm environment to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment