Monday, March 2, 2015

Weekend with Zanna

This past weekend I drove to Fort Walton Beach, Florida to visit a friend. Zanna is one of my best friends from college, and I had  not been back to visit her since her wedding last year. We planned my visit a few months ago, so I was eager to get to Zanna's house and really have time to catch up.

Jay was able to work from home on Friday, so I left right after dropping Tuttle off at preschool. It took about 5.5 hours and was a really easy drive down. We immediately headed for the beach for a walk when I arrived. Although it was not hot beach weather, it was still beautiful. We walked over an hour before heading back to shower for dinner.


We ate dinner at the restaurant that hosted Zanna and Daniel's wedding. We arrived right at sunset and enjoyed dinner on the porch. I can never get enough seafood!

The next day was a little overcast, so we ran a few errands and then spent most of the day on the couch binge watching Parenthood and snacking. I requested Zanna's chicken and dumplings for dinner and ate three bowls! :) It was such a luxury to just sit around and be lazy since that rarely happens with two kids!

We ate brunch the next morning before I left at the sweetest Italian restaurant. I told Zanna that I want that location to be a regular stop on future visits! I devoured the yummiest breakfast panini with prosciutto and sunny side up eggs! Yum!

I realize most of my description of my trip involve food, but isn't that what vacation is all about? Hahaha


I was ready to get home to Jay and the babies! Luckily today we are enjoying some sunny weather. We missed being able to play outside, so we went over to Jack and Lily's right after preschool to ride bikes and scooters. Everyone is ready to have warm weather everyday!



Now to get the house back in order after Daddy was in charge...... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment