Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Weekend

We started off our Easter weekend with a visit to the Botanical Gardens on Friday. Spring has officially sprung! The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!



Tuttle and Maggie enjoyed a quick picnic, looking at all the beautiful plants, and exploring the Children's Garden. There is a Peter Rabbit section, and Tuttle and Maggie had a blast pretending they were the characters from one of their favorite books!




I cannot wait to visit more this spring and summer. We are trying to get Grandmommy to come up very soon to see the gardens. :)

It rained Friday night, so Tuttle's soccer game was cancelled for Saturday. Daddy worked very hard in the yard while I cleaned the house. Tuttle and Maggie played happily in their room playing with Legos for over two hours. I think they needed some down time.

We left for Athens around 3:30 to attend Brooke and Jesse's wedding at Granny's house. They thought of every detail. I felt like I was living in a Pinterest dream!




I love that we are continuing to make such special memories at Granny's house. :)




Jay and I are still talking about how yummy the food was. There is nothing better than a simple southern meal served at a wedding complete with BBQ, macaroni and cheese, and fried okra. 



Congratulations to the Shook Family!


Tuttle and Maggie fell fast asleep on the drive back to Atlanta. The Easter Bunny made his appearance after they were tucked into bed.


We went to church this morning to officially celebrate Easter. I might have bribed Maggie with candy to wear her bonnet. 



This really how Maggie felt about these pictures. :)


We listened to beautiful Easter music and heard a very inspiring message from Bill Britt. He never disappoints. Jay and I love how down to Earth his sermons always are.


And as Bill said, "Jesus is on the loose!" I hope that Tuttle and Maggie will always feel his presence in their lives! Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment