Saturday, April 11, 2015

Spring Break

Spring break is wrapping up, and it flew by! We had dinner with Grandmommy and Grandaddy on Easter Sunday, and Tuttle and Maggie went home with them for the night. Gigi was out of town, so I was COMPLETELY lazy on Monday until I drove to Madison late that night. 

We drove back Tuesday morning and spent the rest of the day getting organized around the house. We were able to get outside for Tuttle's soccer practice at Brookrun Park.

Wednesday we visited my grandma at her retirement village. I hate that I rarely get over there to visit her, but we had a great time catching up, meeting her friends, and having lunch in the dining room. She is 94 years old, and I am so happy that she is a part of Tuttle and Maggie's lives.


Thursday I was determined to spend most of the day outside, so we met Kristen, Jack,and Lily at Little Nancy Creek Park. 


This park can get pretty hot because there is little to no shade, so we were prepared to let the kids play in the creek after our pizza picnic. 


We treated the kids to frozen yogurt after the park. I think warm weather is here to stay (fingers crossed!), so it was the perfect way to welcome the season change!



Although we thought the rain was going to hold off on Friday until the afternoon, our outside plans were quickly cancelled when the dark clouds rolled in at 9:30am. Since I had FIVE (yes, five) kids to watch, we opted for an indoor play location and visited Superior Play Systems in Norcross. The building was practically empty, and the kids jumped, ran, and climbed for 2.5 hours! Tuttle and Maggie were very happy to be back with Gigi after her family vacation.


Tuttle and Maggie had another slumber party at Aunt Peach and Uncle Drew's new house Friday night. They made cookies, ate pizza, and watched movies. Jay and I met up with the kids today to help Allison and Drew get settled into their house. Jay completely overhauled their yard, and I cleaned and organized every room inside. It was a very successful day! :)

I am gearing up for a trunk show at my house next week. For once the clothes are aimed at Tuttle. The company is called Honey Bee Tees, and Tuttle loves all the tshirt options! It will be hard to narrow down his favorites. 


Spring Break 2015 was a hit! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment