Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Hodgepodge of Happenings

Grandmommy and Grandaddy stopped by on Saturday to return Smelly to us and to visit the kids. It was such a huge help for them to keep the dog for the first few weeks after Jacob's arrival! Jacob enjoyed snuggling in Grandaddy's lap for a while. (I sneaked off to an afternoon at the spa compliments of Jay. He booked a massage for me after surviving two weeks alone with three kids!)


Jay and I are both trying to get back into shape, so we started Sunday morning with a family hike up Kennesaw Mountain. We climbed the mountain two years ago but had not been back since then. It was a beautiful day for some exercise outside!


I struggled to successfully make it to the top, but I did it! Jacob and Maggie definitely got out easy this time. We hope to integrate more family exercise into our routine now. It was a lot of fun!


After lunch Maggie got dressed for a special afternoon at Atlanta Ballet. She attended the annual Princess Tea. I dropped her off for almost three hours at her studio. She created her own wand, watched the "big ballerinas" perform a few dances, enjoyed juice and a cupcake, and got her face painted. She LOVED every second!


Monday I was FINALLY able to meet Xander, my best friend Zanna's new baby! She was visiting from Florida, and we were able to catch up and go on a quick walk. I know Jacob and Xander will be best friends just like their mommas!


Tuttle and Maggie are looking forward to celebrating Valentine's Day with their friends this week.


We have two class parties, and Tuttle gets to soak up a four day weekend starting Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment