Thursday, February 25, 2016

Jacob Meets Grandma

Yesterday while Tuttle and Maggie were in school, I took Jacob to meet Grandma. Jacob is Grandma's FIFTH great-grandchild. My mom met us at my grandmother's retirement home for lunch and a short visit, too.


We chatted in Grandma's apartment while Jacob had a bottle. The funniest part of the day was trying to explain to a 95 year old blind woman how Facebook works! I recently took a part time job with a children's clothing company, and we conduct most of our sales on Facebook. Grandma wanted to hear about my job responsibilities, so my mom and I attempted to explain how Facebook operates. I do not think any of it made an ounce of sense to her! :) Even the idea of a website was too foreign for Grandma even though we compared it to a catalog on the computer.


We ate lunch in the dining hall, and Gram held Jacob the entire time. I forgot what it was like to eat with two hands! Although it was a short visit, Jacob and I loved the special time with Grandma and Gram. We have a fairly small family, so new family members are a HUGE deal!

We hope to be back to visit Grandma again soon with all three babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment