Saturday, October 7, 2017

Apple Picking 6.0

Since we are finally recovered from Jacob's awful HFM, we were able to meet our best friends at B.J. Reece Apple Orchards yesterday for our annual apple picking adventure. Kristen and I planned this date during fall break months ago, so we could guarantee that it would happen! 

I cannot believe we have been driving to Ellijay for apple picking for SIX YEARS now! Times really does fly! 


I picked up a book on CD to have in the car, and the kids have been very engaged with Matilda, so the drive was easy both ways. We arrived right around 11:30 and headed right into the petting area. Tuttle and Jacob were big fans, but Maggie was ready to head into the orchards (especially after she tried to hold a baby chick and it pecked her!) Jacob would have spent all day with those baby farm animals. He loved the goats because they were just his size.


I think I was trying to bring on fall weather with my wardrobe selection, but a long sleeve shirt, thin vest, and jeans were not the best idea with the 80 degree weather. :) The kids were dressed much more comfortably and were eager to fill their bags with apples (and eat a bunch along the way, too.)





I missed my opportunity to grab food on the way, so the kids lucked out with apple doughnuts, apple pies, and apple cider for lunch. I made sure to purchase several more apple pies to take home. I learned from my mistake the first year when Kristen and I split one pie and regretted it until we returned!


We loved another successful year with our annual tradition! These kids are the apple of my eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment