Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Fall Fair, Family, and Bedtime Fun

Our weekend started with a bang. Or more like a kick with the Faculty Kickball Game. We cheered on our favorite teachers and enjoyed some extra time with friends.




This past Saturday the fall fair took over our elementary school with jumpies, games, amazing raffle baskets, delicious food, and friends! I happily volunteer to help with the fair each year, and the raffle baskets have become by expertise. I am always so blown away by the contributions from each class, and this year did not disappoint! I arrived at the school at 8:30 to setup and did not go home until 7pm. The raffle baskets were so consuming that I did not snap ONE PICTURE all day! Daddy roamed the playground with Tuttle, Maggie, and Jacob, and everyone had the best time. 

Sunday we visited Grandma at her retirement community. Tuttle and Maggie enjoyed playing the piano for her while Jacob wanted to touch every single thing in her apartment. We wish we could have stayed longer, but our little boy only allowed a short visit. I hope my babies remember my grandma when they are grown. They are so lucky to have a great-grandmother at almost 97 years old.




We had a big change at our house this week. Jacob was climbing out of his crib constantly including from 3am-6am on Sunday night, so we made the decision to transition him to a toddler bed on Monday. The change snuck up on me and made me really sad because we would never have a crib in our house ever again. Third kids just seem to rush all the milestones! 


I also added a baby proof knob cover on Jacob's door, so he could not leave his big boy bed and head straight for our room in the middle of the night. Jay and I prepared ourselves for a loud night of Jacob trying to escape and exploring anything he could touch in the room all night long. Shockingly Jacob stayed in his bed the entire night except for a brief two minute episode at 1am when he quickly realized his door would not open and headed back to bed. 

He must love his bed because I mentioned at lunch that he would be taking a nap in his new big boy bed, and he immediately stopped eating and headed to his room to nap. I had to wake him up to get Tuttle and Maggie from school. 


I cannot believe how easy this transition has been for our sweet and wild boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment