Monday, August 27, 2018

Finish Line

Our wild child has been so patient during the final steps of our renovation, so I signed him up for a few days at our church's drop-in care last week to end his summer vacation with some fun!


I love how thoughtful the little nursery care is with their activities. Each week has a different theme with crafts, outside activities, and music. Jacob always walks right in and does not look back!

I could have been more productive during my mornings alone, but I took advantage of it and treated myself to an hour long foot massage, shopping at Trader Joes, and brunch with Gram.


Jacob and I met up with Val and Briggs for a morning at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. The weather last week was absolutely amazing and felt like fall might be right around the corner. Jacob especially loved the sensory play table set up for a special morning activity.


Our painter finally wrapped up last week, and today is the first day in months that a worker has not been in my house. The gigantic dumpster was hauled away, and I emailed this morning to remove the pod from the driveway. Jay and I organized every room with furniture and filled the sunroom with all the boxes. I wanted one location for all the chaos, so I could start unpacking box by box and still feel like the other rooms were clean.


Aside from a punch list of little touch ups, we close to the end of the renovation, and we are THRILLED with the results. I will share all the photos once the rooms are unpacked, and we are more settled. This has been such an adventure but so very worth it.


With Jacob starting preschool next week and the house ready to be unpacked, we can see the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment