Friday, August 17, 2018

New Routine, New Rules

We are settling into a new routine with school, sports, homework, and attempting to get all the kids in bed by 8pm. Our house is still in a construction zone, but fingers crossed that it is complete next week. 


This week I hit a breaking point with Jacob's behavior. He has always been very spirited, but I was over him having control over the rest of the family with his bad behavior. Spanking was back firing on me because he would hit back, and he was not in a good state of mind to calmly talk about his negative choices immediately after being reprimanded. I channeled my inner Super Nanny and started a very consistent time out method, and it has already yielded better and calmer results.


I know the key to success is consistency, so I have talked with the kids about how we were all going to focus on helping Jacob improve his behavior, and everyone seems on board. Surprisingly Jacob has not attempted to run away from the time out spot in the corner of the hall. I know kids feels more comfortable in a safe environment with consistent rules and follow through. 


Jacob guarantees that our days are never boring, and I know toddler years are rough. I can relate to my friends so much more with difficult babies. Our little boy has grounded me as a parent.


Unfortunately Tuttle stayed home sick today with a fever and cough. Jay suspects allergies, but since Tuttle never complains that he does not feel good, we wanted to take it seriously. I think everyone is ready to ride into the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment