Saturday, August 11, 2018

First Day of School 2018

After a whirlwind weekend moving back into our house (which is not yet complete- we just sectioned off the front three bedrooms), the kids started to school on Monday. The morning was much smoother than I anticipated since our life is so crazy right now, and we even arrived early with supplies for the Kindergarten Coffee and Kleenex event that falls under my PTA committee.


I dropped Tuttle off first in his homeroom with Frau Dorsch. Third grade does not mess around, and Tuttle got right to work on some math review on his desk. I know this is going to be a challenging (and rewarding!) year for him. Third grade seems to be the turning point in elementary school where school gets more serious and students have even higher expectations and responsibilities. I know Tuttle is ready for the change!


Maggie was dropped off next to Frau Ingram's homeroom. She is in class with so many of her best friends, including her bus friend, Kate, and she could not be more excited! She was hoping for Frau Ingram for homeroom because she heard from Tuttle that she hands out candy for reward sometimes.


Amidst all the drop off craziness, Jacob got lost in the crowd. At first I was not worried at all. He acts like he runs the school, and I just knew that I would bump into him along the way, and everyone knows him. After keeping my eyes open for him while I walked Tuttle and Maggie to class, he did not show up. I immediately went to all his favorite spots: the front office, Mrs. Fleming's kindergarten room, the library, and the nurse's office. Nothing. I started to panic a little that he had walked right out the front door with all the parents leaving. My friends all started a search party to find him. Finally he was found sitting at a desk in a 4th grade classroom that he had never ventured into before. He is literally taking years off my life with his antics. 


The Thorne Family is looking forward to another successful year at Ashford Park School!

No comments:

Post a Comment