Thursday, July 4, 2019

Red, White, and Blue

We celebrated another 4th of July in Atlanta with our special traditions. It is my favorite holiday, and I love all the USA love, especially with dressing my babies! We had to get up extra early this year to cheer on Daddy in his 15th consecutive Peachtree Road Race. We stopped for red, white, and blue doughnuts on the way and set up our wagon in our normal spot.


The kids handed out high fives to the racers, but it was not long before Daddy found us in the crowd.



While Daddy did not break his PR, he ran a good race, and I am so proud of him for staying committed to running in this fun competition every year. I cannot wait for the kids (especially our competitive Maggie Moo) to join him.




Tuttle completed his 8th year cheering on the runners, and I made sure we accomplished "the picture."



That year in the rain still makes us laugh. We are truly dedicated to this patriotic tradition!

With the race starting earlier each year to beat the heat, our Taco Mac lunch tradition with the Poole Family has been replaced with breakfast at Flying Biscuit. We had a larger group this year with Jason and Rachel Green and Will Hodges making the drive from Athens to run.




After our brunch, Daddy suggested that he take the kids to the pool to swim with Aunt Peach, Uncle Drew, and the girls while I stayed home. He may not have won the Peachtree Road Race, but he won the "Best Husband" trophy, and I was able to experience real FREEDOM for the entire afternoon.


The kids and I attempted fireworks from a nearby parking lot, but it was not as successful as we hoped. An apartment building blocked our view unless the fireworks were extra high up. Fortunately staying up until almost 10pm and a bowl of popcorn I brought along for the event seemed to make up for the lackluster firework display. :)


I love my little firecrackers, and we had the best day celebrating our freedom as a family. 

Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment