Thursday, December 12, 2019

Christmas Cheer

We started celebrating Christmas as soon as we returned from Florida for the soccer tournament. 


Maggie and I attended Madeline's Christmas at Horizon Theater with her Girl Scout troop on Monday evening. It is a good thing Maggie is so organized because I completely forgot about the event until she reminded me after school! Typically Daddy takes Maggie to this sweet play, but I was thrilled to go this year. The cast did an amazing job, and all the Brownie friends soaked up the fun songs!



Gram came over to babysit Tuesday evening, so Jay and I could volunteer at the Christmas Kindness event at our church. The congregation hosts families in need to "shop" for new coats, gifts for the children, and small appliances (crockpot, toaster oven, pot and pans set, etc.) for the adults. Everyone was so appreciative, and the event really put me in the Christmas spirit. I was especially moved by two men that are currently fostering NINE children and will add two more infants in the next few months. I hope I make such an impact one day. 


We are looking forward to more holiday fun in the next two weeks! Luckily cards are in the mail, presents are all purchased, and decorations are up!

No comments:

Post a Comment