Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Easter Fun With My Peeps

 Jay and I both agree that March absolutely flew by! We are all itching for spring, and it is finally here! This time last year the COVID craziness that hit, and we are starting to see an end to this long and miserable tunnel. Jay and I received our first vaccine shot on Friday. There have been some side effects but mostly just super sore arms. One step closer to returning to normal! :)

Spring sports are in full swing, and we had our first triple commitment this past Saturday with Maggie's final regular season meet, baseball practice for Jacob, and team pictures and a baseball game for Tuttle. It was a divide and conquer event, so the boys headed to the fields while Maggie and I went to the gym.

We have been trying to go back to church more often. Even though we miss PRUMC so much, Roswell First United Methodist Church has been a positive addition to our move since Tom Davis is my childhood minister and also the minister that married Gram and Grumps AND Jay and me. We braved a torrential downpour on Palm Sunday, but we made it! Jacob entertained the congregation with his over zealous palm waving and then proceeded to fall asleep in the pew even though the organ music was practically rattling the church with its volume!

Gram and Grumps hosted everyone for an Easter lunch and egg hunt after church. Tricia, Cathy, and I brought the eggs to hide, and with so many grandchildren there were over 300 eggs to find! I thought of experience eggs for extra time with the grandparents. This also means a break for the parents! That is a win in my book!

I brought a festive dessert to share. I love any excuse to make a themed Pinterest idea.

The egg hunt was fast and furious, but all the kids ended up with baskets full. It was absolutely no surprise that Maggie ended up with the golden egg worth $50. Even Emma snagged a sleepover with Gram and Grumps.



Jacob is looking forward to his preschool egg hunt on Thursday before spring break next week. We *might* be celebrating Easter somewhere magical.... (spoiler alert: the kids have ZERO clue, and we want to keep it that way!)

No comments:

Post a Comment