Monday, September 29, 2014

My Birthday Weekend

I celebrated turning the BIG 3-0 this past weekend with my sweet family. Friday evening Gram came over to babysit Tuttle and Maggie while Jay and I went to a nice dinner. She arrived with new books and supplies to make tacos, so Tuttle and Maggie were in Heaven.
 
 
Jay and I ate a huge and yummy dinner at Rays on the River. I absolutely love seafood, so it was the perfect place to celebrate my birthday. Unfortunately the calamari appetizer and clam chowder completely filled me up, so I could not even attempt to eat my scallops and lobster risotto when it arrived. I was miserably stuffed,  but it was nice to eat round two for lunch the next day. We sat at the best table right by the windows overlooking the river and thoroughly enjoyed talking for two hours, a luxury we rarely have at dinner with the babies. (We did not take ONE picture! I needed proof that I do wear clothing other than yoga pants and sometimes straighten my hair!)
 
Saturday morning we cheered on Tuttle at his soccer game. The rain wanted to ruin the fun, but luckily it held off, and Tuttle scored a goal! We completed the morning with breakfast at J. Christopher's.
 
 
Sunday we slept in, and I finally returned to church after a must too long summer break. Tuttle and Maggie met their new teachers and explored their new classrooms.
 
 
Maggie now has Mr. Tim as her teacher. Tuttle ABSOLUTELY loved Mr. Tim when he was in the two year old class. I cannot believe Maggie is now the same age Tuttle was when she was born! Tuttle moved up to the Pre-K classroom and gets to enjoy Children's Moments in the big church service before returning to his classroom. I waved at him when he was at the alter, but he didn't see me. He looked so sweet listening to the children's sermon with his friends.
 
 
Happy Fall, Y'all! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment