Thursday, September 11, 2014

We Remember.

It is absolutely crazy that thirteen years have passed since 9/11. I have realized how different it is to remember that horrific day with children. This year I tried to touch on the history of such an important day in history to Tuttle. I wanted to be honest about the day with him without being too scary, so I simply explained that when Mommy was younger, a lot of Americans were hurt on this day. We are wearing red, white, and blue today to remember those people.

He asked if some of those people were soldiers, and I told him that they were. He asked if the police arrested the "bad guys" that hurt all the people, and I told him that they did catch the "bad guys." (Tuttle is currently obsessed with police officers and putting people in jail. He dresses up in police costume everyday, but he arrests all his people because they ran away or they stole an apple pie- a problem in one of his Lego books. I love his innocence at this stage.) Because Tuttle was so curious about the event in history, I was happy that I introduced it to him.
We are so blessed to live in the United States and have so many devoted Americans fight for our freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment