Saturday, August 8, 2015

Big Milestones

I cannot believe summer is really coming to an end, and I am writing about Tuttle's open house for kindergarten. While the summer months flew by, the last five years went even quicker! We met Tuttle's teachers on Wednesday morning, and both Tuttle and I are equally as excited!


Tuttle has two teachers and classrooms for kindergarten because he is part of the German Immersion Program at his school. His homeroom teacher is Frau Miltner, and she introduced us to the German language immediately. I was not sure how fast the students would dive into being fully exposed to German, but Frau Mitner only spoke German to Tuttle and me the entire time (with the exception of a few questions I had about the routine.) She is very good at motioning to help explain herself, so I think Tuttle will catch on quickly. He thought she sounded pretty silly. :)


There was also another important member of the classroom to meet in Frau Miltner's room: the class bunny!


Next we went next door to meet his other teacher, Ms. Fleming. She will teach reading/writing/language arts as well as social studies in English. She was the typical bubbly and warm Kindergarten teacher, and I know Tuttle will absolutely love her. She was extremely organized which I know I will love!


After signing up for PTA and buying a few spirit tshirts, we ended the school tour with snow cones. I think Tuttle feels less nervous about starting Kindergarten now. Maybe I will shed a few less tears knowing how comfortable I am with Frau Miltner and Ms. Fleming. 


Another exciting milestone this week was Tuttle receiving his first stripe on his karate belt. After every ten classes, the student receives a stripe which edges him/her closer to the next colored belt. Tuttle has been LOVING karate and begs to go everyday. We have been averaging three times a week. Daddy was able to leave work a little early to meet us at practice and watch Tuttle get his red stripe. 



We celebrated with tacos at Taco Mac and a movie night. I am so proud of the big boy that Tuttle is becoming, but he will always be my little baby, as well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment