Monday, August 10, 2015

First Day of Kindergarten

We survived dropping Tuttle off for his first day of kindergarten this morning. :) Luckily our sleepy boy was not too reluctant to be out of bed before the sun, but I will reevaluate in a few weeks.


Daddy was able to go into work a little later, so we walked to school as a family. I will usually do carpool in the morning, but I wanted to be able to walk him into his classroom.


I cannot believe I held it together all morning. I got choked up a few times, but I was fully expecting to ugly cry. 


Tuttle's homeroom teacher is his German teacher, so it was interesting to get directions completely in another language. He had to put his bookbag in his cubby and his lunchbox in the hallway. Next he settled into his seat to work on puzzles.




I cannot believe we are already at the elementary school phase, but I know Tuttle will absolutely love school and continue to grow and learn so much. I cannot wait to hear all about his day when I pick up him this afternoon.


Happy First Day of School, Sweet Boy! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment