Monday, August 24, 2015

Wedding Celebration

We started off our Saturday with karate for Tuttle and some extra attention for Smelly. The snuggling and medical attention only lasted so long before our dog was hiding from Maggie in the bathroom. :)



We dropped the kids off at Gram and Grumps for the night around noon and headed to Chattanooga to celebrate the wedding of two of Jay's friends. It had been since childhood that I had visited Chattanooga, so I was eager to have a little getaway with Jay. We were shocked so quickly we arrived at the hotel and absolutely loved the atmosphere of the city.

We grabbed lunch at a local restaurant before getting ready for the wedding. Jay and I both practically licked our plates clean. I ordered grilled salmon, whipped potatoes with gravy, and macaroni and cheese, or as Jay calls my choice meals: a white plate. I may or may not have a craving for carbs most of the time!


I think we cleaned up pretty well for the wedding. It was fun to get all fancy, and luckily a sweet friend let me borrow a great maternity dress. I always love when Jay puts on a tux- so handsome!



Lindsey and Brian's wedding was absolutely beautiful. The ceremony took place in a university chapel built in 1883, and the reception was in a country club that overlooked the mountains. The view was spectacular. We had a great evening dancing, chatting with Jay's coworkers from Home Depot, and eating yummy food. It is always nice to get away and recharge. Sleeping in the next morning was a bonus, too!


We discussed returning to Chattanooga soon with Tuttle and Maggie very soon. I know it would be a perfect family getaway, and you cannot beat the proximity to Atlanta!

6 comments:

  1. You'll have to visit Jackie next time and I can meet you! Caroline is now going to school with my little girl, Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Courtney, Elizabeth came into town and didn't call me until she was in town and I didn't answer the phone. So I have to give her a hard time about it. ;)

      Delete
    2. Courtney, Elizabeth came into town and didn't call me until she was in town and I didn't answer the phone. So I have to give her a hard time about it. ;)

      Delete