Monday, August 31, 2015

Girls Go With Girls, Boys Go With Boys

Anytime Maggie and I do something just the girls, she always proclaims, "Girls go with girls. Boys go with boys." This weekend we stuck to Maggie's rule. 

Tuttle started off the weekend with a soccer clinic presented by the Atlanta Silverbacks, our professional soccer team. He was a little nervous about participating, but he quickly changed his mood when he scored a goal during one of the drills!


We also learned that another boy at the clinic was on Tuttle's soccer team this season, so he had a buddy to run around the fields.


The clinic concluded with the kids getting autographs from the players. Although Tuttle did not really know the significance of an autograph, he still wanted to stand in line to meet the players.


After a lazy afternoon at home we officially started following Maggie's gender rule. Tuttle and Daddy left for a camping birthday party while Maggie and I got ready for a girls' dinner with Holland and Aunt Peach.

Jay's collection of camping gear came in handy. 


I was impressed that the boys made it all night at the party. Tuttle had a blast hiking, watching a movie outside, smashing a pinata, making s'mores, and sleeping in a tent with Daddy.


Maggie and I drove to Roswell to walk from Aunt Peach's house to the downtown area for dinner. We ate at the CUTEST place: Greenwood's on Green Street. We ate outside and stuffed ourselves with delicious southern food. The fried green tomatos and creamed corn were my favorites!



We ended the evening with ice cream at the Sugar Shack, I might have also ordered a creme blulee to go! I get a pass because I am pregnant! :)

Sunday morning Maggie and I only saw Tuttle and Daddy for a few minutes before we left for church. Their boys' weekend continued with cheering on the Atlanta Braves with one of Jay's co-workers from Home Depot.


Jay sent me this shot on the way to go the game. I think camping caught up to Tuttle because he rarely falls asleep in the car!


While the Atlanta Braves lost (pretty badly), I know it was a winning weekend for the boys! Jay and I both loving having some quality time with just one baby. The fun continues next weekend with a baby shower for the girls and cheering on the Georgia Bulldawgs for the boys! Girls go with girls, and boys go with boys. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment