Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Santa

Yesterday we packed in a lot of Christmas fun! After gymnastics Maggie and I volunteered in Tuttle's kindergarten class with constructing gingerbread houses. The activity was during the German half of Tuttle's day, so it was interesting to watch the kids respond to directions in another language. I was clueless, but it did not seem to phase the 24 students!


Frau Miltner was so sweet to let Maggie make her own gingerbread house, as well. She fit right into the class and made her house completely by herself. I was so impressed!


Tuttle's teachers are always coming up with sweet ideas for the students. I know Tuttle is going to have such fun memories of kindergarten.

Once the classroom was cleaned up, Tuttle and Maggie dressed in their Christmas best to have their official visit with Santa. Tuttle had been working on his list for a few weeks now, but Maggie completely surprised me with the request that she came up with that morning.

Maggie told me that she was going to ask Santa for two light bulbs. Apparently Daddy had told her that she could go in the attic whenever she wanted, and it was too dark up there. She needed some light. The story changed when Daddy arrived home from work. She told him that I told her she could go in the attic. I am worried for her teenage years! :)


This was our first tear-free year sitting in Santa's lap. I have to admit I love crying baby Santa pictures. Maggie did stay true to her request, and Santa admitted that no one had ever asked for two light bulbs before! Santa was so thorough with Tuttle's list. Some of my favorites from his list included: tape, string, paper, and Daddy's game (Risk).


The highlight of the day came after the kids' dentist appointments and dinner at Newk's for OPP Spirit Night. Around 7pm there was a knock at our door. I knew who the special visitor was, so I asked Tuttle to get the door while I pretended to be busy. He opened the door to the man in red! Our neighbor dressed up as Santa to visit the kids in the neighborhood. I videoed the whole thing. The best part was when Tuttle asked him where his reindeer were, and Santa told him that they were down the street. Tuttle poked his head out the door trying to spot them. I love the magic of Christmas to a five year old. So sweet. Neighbor Santa's visit will always be such a special memory. 

Next up this week are class parties for both Tuttle and Maggie. Our busy and fun holiday weeks are flying by already! Less than 10 days until Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment