Friday, December 4, 2015

Special School Events

It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas here despite not having our tree or decorations up yet. We are committed to finishing our decor this weekend, but we have already started wearing our holiday clothes and having a few Christmas events at school. Our elf, Bockle, made his appearance a few days ago, as well. While Tuttle is usually difficult to pull out of bed for school, he has been leaping up to discover Bockle's new hiding place each morning. :)


Maggie was thrilled to tell me that she created a glitter snowflake and a sparkly Christmas tree at preschool.


On Thursday Tuttle's elementary school showcased the kindergarten, first grade, and second grade students at their winter holiday performance. Since so many families attend the concert, it was held at the local high school. It was my first time visiting the high school, and I was a little overwhelmed at the size (It is three stories tall!), but I was also equally impressed with the facility. 


I snapped a picture of Tuttle before entering the school. I honestly do not know how he is already this big! :(


The sweet kindergarten students sang three songs, including one selection completely in German. I think Tuttle's favorite was "Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer." Tuttle was on the back row, but I could clearly see his happy face belting out the songs with his friends. Sadly it was too dark to capture a picture during the performance.

Daddy made it just as the lights dimmed for the show. He has been working SO HARD recently, so I was very happy that he was able to see Tuttle in action.


Today I surprised Maggie at preschool as the Mystery Reader for the Kangaroo Class. I brought two Christmas books to share. Maggie loved sitting next to me as I read to her friends. She has been lucky enough to have her mommy and Gram as Mystery Readers so far this year. :)


I am looking forward to a holiday dinner tonight with my neighborhood girlfriends. We actually picked a date that everyone could attend! Bring on the yummy food and hours of kid-free conversation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment