Sunday, December 27, 2015

Merry Christmas 2015

We celebrated a wonderful Christmas with family (with one more celebration this afternoon!). Although I did not take a ton of pictures, I still think I captured some of the magic of the holiday this year. :)

We started with the Christmas Eve service at our church. This is the tradition I brought into the family, and I love hearing the Christmas story with my family each year. Last year Tuttle was a sheep in the nativity procession, much to his disgust, so I let him off the hook this year to watch it from our seats. He did tell me that he wanted to be a shepherd next year since he is old enough now.



Unfortunately a combination of bad weather and sickness prevented us from going to Aunt Peach and Uncle Drew's house for our other Christmas Eve tradition, but luckily technology allowed everyone to listen to Grandaddy read Twas The Night Before Christmas on Facetime.


We watched a Charlie Brown Christmas afterwards, and since it was Bockle's last night, he let Maggie and Tuttle snuggle with him on the couch. Our evening wrapped up pretty quickly when Santa made a personal call to Maggie and Tuttle and told them to head to be as soon as possible. :)



Santa must have thought that our babies were really good this year because he filled the room with fun surprises!


We all enjoyed diving into the new toys and playing all morning before heading to Athens to celebrate with the Drewry side of Jay's family.


We ate lunch at Granny's house and played our annual White Elephant game. I ended up with our gift, $15 worth of lottery tickets, but I did not hit the jackpot. I won a free ticket and $2. I have a feeling the free ticket is going is make us RICH! :)

We spent the night at Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house in Madison where we were greeted with a room filled with even more presents! They go ALL OUT every year for everyone. I racked up with necessities for Jacob and a few surprises for me, including a Shark steam mop. You know you are officially an adult when a mop is extremely exciting! Haha 

We lazed around yesterday playing with new toys, watching a movie, and napping. Daddy put together Tuttle's new big boy bike from Grandmommy and Grandaddy, so he was able to practice on the driveway while Maggie used her new skates from Santa. The weather was unusually HOT (75 degrees!), so it was enjoyable to be outside.


Because every princess skates in a full length gown....


We are so blessed with our families and love spending time making memories with everyone. Jacob now has permission to come whenever he wants! I just needed to get through Christmas before our life got even more crazy with three babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment