Saturday, March 19, 2016

Botanical Gardens with Gram

Since Maggie did not have preschool last Wednesday due to conferences, Gram and I planned a fun morning at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens. I had been meaning to renew my membership, and the warm weather and blooming spring flowers made it a no-brainer to head there. Gram had not been in years, so she was excited to do something new! (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE having my mom retired???)

Although a big portion of the gardens were under construction, we still had a fantastic time admiring the spring flowers and soaking up some sun. I had my SLR camera ready to snap some pictures of my favorite people with my favorite flowers- tulips!


I absolutely love this shot of Maggie even though she looks way too old!


Jacob liked being out in the sunshine. He got a lot of attention from all the older women touring the gardens. 


We ate lunch at the cafe before heading home. Maggie even convinced Gram to take her home for the night. Maggie's favorite person in the world in Gram. She would leave me to live with her and never look back if I let her. I could not be happier that they have such a special bond since I am extremely close to my mom. :)

I think the spring flowers have us ready for Easter. With it being so early this year, we needed this fun field trip to put us in the Easter spirits! Jacob is ready to celebrate his first Easter holiday complete with a personalized basket from Grandmommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment