Saturday, July 30, 2016

Giving Back

Tuttle has been DYING to host a lemonade stand all summer, so I promised him we could set one up at his kindergarten playdate at the park this week. We agreed that it would be nice to donate the money to a charity since his piggy bank is stuffed, and Tuttle immediately selected Feed My Lambs. 

During Mission Camp we volunteered at Feed My Lambs which a free school for underprivileged children with a big focus on Christian education. We spent one morning teaching Bible stories and serving the children lunch with our church group. I am thrilled that the experience had such an impact on Tuttle.

We picked up supplies for the lemonade stand on Thursday morning, and Tuttle set to work designing his sign.


When we arrived at the park, the skies were ready to pour, so we set up under the roof of the rec building. Luckily the shower only lasted a few minutes, and then the customers started arriving. :)



Tuttle collected $23.80 (with $10 of that from Ms. Kristen- we agreed that free refills were available for Jack and Lily!). Tuttle and Maggie both loved serving lemonade to their friends!

Yesterday we delivered the money to Feed My Lambs. Tuttle was proud to tell the director about his lemonade stand and was so excited when she told him that the money would be used for the school's next field trip! I explained to Tuttle in the car that these children do not get to visit all the fun places that we go on a regular basis. I think it was extra special that he knew the children would have a fun time because of his hard work.

I just love my sweet and generous boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment