Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Jacob Turns Six Months!

Jacob Corbitt Thorne has been a part of our family for SIX months now! Half a year!!


Our little boy is still eating about 6 ounces every 2.5 to 3 hours. I tried to introduce baby food to him several times over the past month, but he was not interested at all to the point of crying. One day I decided to attempt some soft table food, and he took to it right away! He is still not replacing a meal with real food, but he has liked bananas, green beans, broccoli, tomato, and apple. He also enjoys the baby puff cereal and teething wafers. 

Jacob takes two good naps during the day for about 1.5-3 hours, usually averaging two hours each time. He sleeps so well in his bed, but if we are on the go, he will wake up once we arrive at whatever activity we are driving to. He goes to bed around 7pm and will wake once to eat during the night. He has been sleeping 8-10 hours before he wakes up! Once he sucks down a quick bottle, he returns to his crib and sleeps until around 7:30am. I finally feel completely rested each day. :)


The biggest development has been CRAWLING. Yes, you read that correctly. About a week ago, Jacob learned to army crawl across the room. He is still slow and will only move if he is truly motivated to reach a toy, but he is officially mobile. This is extremely ironic because I have said for years that my favorite stage of a baby is when they can sit up independently, but they cannot move. Jacob decided to make life more interesting because he can not sit up yet, but he can crawl. Baby #3 is here to keep me on my toes!! 

Little Boys has learned to love the stroller and is happiest when he has free reign to explore the playroom with Maggie and Tuttle nearby. 


Jacob still wears 6m and some 9m clothing and wears a Size 3 diaper. He has become much chunkier, and I am eager to find out his stats this Friday at the pediatrician. 

Jacob's smile still lights up the room, and Tuttle and Maggie love to hear him laugh. He is the easiest and happiest baby. I cannot believe he is already half a year old. Someone needed to warn me that the third baby grows up MUCH faster. Several of my girlfriends told me that I better push him now whenever he starts to crawl to keep him little. Haha He is growing into such a little person, and I cannot wait to see his impact on our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment