Sunday, July 17, 2016

Tennis, Swim, and Shots

I signed Maggie and Tuttle up for tennis camp this past week. It was their first time playing tennis, and they could not wait to hit the courts! I loved that they could both attend the same camp and be in the same group. The camp only had about 10 kids and three instructors. Imagine my surprise when my college best friend's little boy arrived at the same camp! We do not talk nearly as much as I wish we did, so I had no idea that her son would be there! Tuttle and Maggie both loved playing with Jett all week!


On top of running around in the heat during tennis camp for three hours each morning, Maggie also completed a week of swim lessons. Gram took her to the pool in Smyrna each afternoon while the boys and I hung out at home. The original plan had been to attend swim lessons in June before our beach trip, but the swim instructor (the same one that taught me 30 years ago!) had a medical emergency and could not available. Her wonderful niece taught Maggie this week, and as Maggie said, "Ms. Alicia is the prettiest and nicest teacher ever." 


The entire family watched Maggie's final lesson, and she impressed us so much! She was floating on her back, jumping from the diving board, and independently swimming short distances. Maggie is well on her way to becoming a real mermaid! :)

Tuttle snapped this photo to show real life at our house. It cracks me up that I am complete chores with a little boy in tow. I know I will miss these days very soon once Jacob is too busy to snuggle with his mommy. :(


Jacob's six month wellness visit was on Friday. Although he had to get several shots, he was eager to show off his new crawling skills as he zoomed across the table and tried to eat the papers along the way.


The doctor was not surprised that we have an early crawler and that Jacob skipped baby food and prefers table food. Third babies have to keep up with their sibings!

Here are Little Boy's 6 Month Stats:

Height: 27 inches (63%)
Weight: 16 pounds, 6.4 ounces (26%)
Head: 43.5 centimeters (53%)


We are soaking up as much summer as possible before school starts in THREE WEEKS! Where has the summer gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment