Saturday, November 26, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving 2016

We celebrated two rounds of Thanksgiving and are officially stuffed. Jay and I always love spending time with our families, and Thanksgiving allows us to really pause and recognize how blessed we really are.

Grandmommy and Grandaddy hosted our first meal on Thanksgiving Day. It was a smaller crowd this year (We especially missed Aunt Peach, Uncle Drew, and Holland), but we still loved catching up with Granny's side of the family that we rarely see throughout the year.


I always go picture overboard at Grandmommy's house. The lighting and scenery just demand a ton of pictures! :)





Jay and I officially sat at the grown up table this year while Tuttle and Maggie sat at the kids' table. Jacob luckily went down for a nap right when the meal started, so everyone could eat with two hands and actually take the time to taste the food! Haha

I am most thankful for this man.


Tuttle latched onto Eddie and even drew a picture of him. It was really sweet.


As if the day could not have offered more perfect fall weather, the kids decided to play in the leaves to complete a picture perfect scene.




We really have so much to be thankful for. I could not ask for a happier life.


After a completely lazy day on Friday including a little online Black Friday shopping, we headed to Gram and Grump's house today for our second Thanksgiving feast. We arrived a little late due to oven trouble, but the squash casserole we brought seemed to make up for it. 

I think the inability to take pictures rubs off my mother and onto me when I am at her house. Between chatting with my cousins and eating two huge platefuls of food, I only took a few pictures. I did get to capture the ever blooming friendship between Tuttle and Maggie and my cousin's kids, Gwen and Silas. I love seeing a new generation of family having a blast every time they get together. I know Jacob will fit right in before long!

Tuttle asked for an "oldest to youngest" picture.


Apparently they were playing "robbers" because that poise was requested next. Silas is not so sure!


My uncle, Larry, asked how I was able to get a photo of all four smiling and looking. Candy bribery goes a long way....

A huge thank to my mom for hosting and putting up with Jacob destroying everything he could grab! Thanksgiving 2016 is one to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment