Friday, January 25, 2019

Cold But Happy

The Thorne family is not meant for cold weather. Jay and I are literally counting down the days until we can be outside again without turning into snowmen. We would have never survived if we had actually moved to Albany, NY for Jay's job when I was pregnant with Tuttle. Our southern blood needs hot temperatures and humidity to feel normal.


Despite the winter freeze, we have completed another week of school and work. The kids were out of school on Monday, so we visited the Atlanta History Center with our best friends. In total there were 13 children in our group, so we were ready to explore the outdoor exhibits fairly quickly, so everyone could run around. We had never been to this spot before, and we loved it so much that we may get a membership! I love finding new treasures in the city.


I have been trying to be creative with activities for Jacob during the low temperatures. I found that I could take him to Build-a-Bear during his birthday month and make a bear for the cost of his age. I can justify $3. None of the kids had ever been to Build-a-Bear (mostly because it is SUCH a money pit), but we went yesterday and enjoyed it. Jacob took his job very seriously when he helped stuff his bear.



Tuttle and Daddy have found a new hobby together, and Zelda is starting to take over our lives. On one hand, it is motivation for Tuttle to get homework and piano practice finished quickly each afternoon, but I cannot follow all the talk about the Master Sword, shrines, different lands, and strategy. Now not only am I lost when Tuttle speaks German, but I am clueless when he discusses his main interest. :) Luckily Jay loves living in this imaginary world with our boy.


Maggie was thrilled to successfully stick her Mill Circle on the bar after working so hard. Maggie is a perfectionist, and I know this quality will serve her well in the gym. Looking forward to the Olympics. :)


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment