Monday, January 14, 2019

The End Of An Era

We made the long overdue decision to give up bottles on Jacob's birthday. He has used them as a comfort object during naps and bedtime, but despite still being the baby, he needed to move on from baby bottles. 


I have been preparing him for weeks that we would drop off all his bottles to our favorite baby, Grace. I just hope he does not resent her since we play with her family almost every week!

I read an article a while ago that families always celebrate the firsts (first steps, first words, first time riding a bike), but that you do not realize the lasts until they are long gone. I wonder when the last time I read a story to Tuttle at bedtime because he prefers to snuggle up with a chapter book now. I cannot recall the last time I helped Maggie tie her shoes. The moment of fixing my last baby his last bottle was bitter sweet. I was happy to have the memories of his last time, but I am not ready to accept that baby bottles are out of our house forever. (Jacob guaranteed that I would not be hitting Jay up for another baby to start over!)


After Jacob enjoyed his LAST bottle, we drove over to Baby Grace's house for the pass off. Surprising Jacob was thrilled to hand over all the supplies and even show Grace how to assemble the bottle. He soon was fixated on the new toys in the house, and I bribed him with candy to finally leave.



I was nervous about bedtime, but after only a small fit to drive over to Baby Grace's house to get his bottles back, Jacob drifted off to sleep. I am crossing my fingers that naptime goes smoothly today. 

Goodbye, Baby Bottles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment